Choosing the perfect flooring to bring into your home is a big decision. Not every floor is going to fit every family’s lifestyle. That’s why it’s important to understand the pros and cons of each of your options. Hardwood floors are a timeless style that many homeowners in the Calgary, Alberta area are considering. To help sort through all the options, the team at Floor Coverings International Calgary has created this handy guide to help highlight both the benefits and concerns to consider if you choose hardwood floors.
The Pros of Hardwood Flooring:
- Easy maintenance: Hardwood floors are a great option if your family is prone to spills. They are easy to maintain and you won’t need to spend a fortune on high-end cleaning supplies. A water and vinegar solution will do the trick for most spills.
- Customizable: Hardwood floors are perfect for those who love re-decorating and are constantly updating their homes. Changing the look of a room is as easy as re-staining your hardwood floor. This is a more efficient alternative to buying and installing all new flooring every time you want to refresh your space.
- Add value to your home: It’s no secret that hardwood floors are a favorite among new homebuyers. This makes them a great long-term investment and is important to keep in mind when considering the upfront costs.
- Allergen-free: If you are searching for something hypoallergenic, then hardwood floors will be your best bet. Hardwoods don’t trap any dust, dander or pollen, which makes them ideal for families concerned about the air quality of their homes.
The Cons of Hardwood Flooring:
- Price tag: Hardwood floors can be a larger upfront cost than carpet or vinyl. While they are known for their higher price tag, it’s important to remember hardwood floors last much longer. Plus, they never go out of style. Can you think of any other home design trend that’s lasted more than a century?
- Refinishing: Like any flooring, hardwood needs periodic maintenance. You’ll want to refinish your hardwood floors once every 10 years another to keep them looking good as new. We’ve found our customers believe it’s a worthwhile cost when considering how long their floors will last them and their families.
- Slippery: If you have especially young or old family members, it can be hard for them to walk around on slippery hardwood floors. Solutions to this problem are adding area rugs or carpet runners for long hallways.
Have more questions about hardwood? The experts at Floor Coverings International Calgary are dedicated to helping homeowners in Calgary, Alberta, and beyond find the right flooring for their family’s unique lifestyle. Schedule a free consultation today!
- Unique Hardwood Styles and Trends
- The Most Popular Hardwood Alternatives
- Infographic: Carpet vs. Hardwood
- Everything You Need To Know About Engineered Hardwood
Photo © pics721